Using the eBookers, one can create a booking with great ease. Moreover, the eBooker’s content is flexible enough and can be edited according to the customer’s needs. The settings also include options that helps you implement the eBooker on your website (you can select where the eBooker floats and you are given links with iframes for implementing the application on multiple formats).
Standard configuration settings:
- select the available travel services and the default travel service;
- set the car types, extra fields and extra charges for each travel service;
- select the available payment methods;
- set up an user to be automatically logged in the application;
Advanced configuration settings (press the “Show advanced settings” button) :
- add terms & conditions and privacy policies checkboxes above the “Confirm booking” button;
- web booker positioning feature (float right, left or don’t float);
- set the default language of the web booker;
- opt to hide the “Register” and “Sign in” menus;
- hide the “Return booking” option;
- make drop off address and passenger data mandatory;
- add new fields (driver tip, baby seats, small & large luggage)
In order to access the eBooker features you first have to access the “WebBooker Management” option in the “Systems” sub-menu. The “WebBooker Management” page holds its own menu (fig. 1). Use it to navigate through the web bookers. If you want to add a new eBooker click the “ADD NEW EBOKER” button. Clicking the button will reveal the window with the settings highlighted in the above list (fig. 2). After you have successfully configured your eBooker click the “Save booker” button. To enter the application you have just configured, click the “Copy URL” button and paste it in a browser window.
The first version of the eBooker (Alpha) remarks itself for being compact and single-paged. The interface is similar to the one we see in the “Dispatcher” page of the Backoffice application. Completing the data with the booking information you desire, then click the “Confirm Booking” button. After clicking the button, a window will pop-up on the screen with the message “Success” showing that the booking has been successfully created.
The second version of the eBooker (Omega) separates the booking process in three steps (Choose route, Select price, Book). In the first step (Choose Route) you have to select the pick up and drop off points, add SOTW (stops on the way), set the pick up time, select the number of passengers, the number of children seats, introduce a voucher code or add a return booking. The second step (Select price) displays the car types with their respective prices. In order to advance to the last step, you have to add the luggage number and the number of vehicles then click the “BOOK NOW” button from the car type that interests you. In the last step (Book), you have to add the passenger details, select the payment method, then click the “CONFIRM BOOKING” button. After clicking the button, a success message will pop-up on your screen telling you the booking has been successfully registered.