1. SmartCar Automated Dispatcher (SCAD) engine can be enabled from System Configuration → Dispatcher Engine → Config | Rules.
There can be set different rules for each day of the week or based on weekdays & day time frames.
The controller can dispatch jobs on-the-fly or enable the system to queue, program and dispatch automatically the pre-bookings with ‘x’ minutes before the pickup time, meaning if a customer will make a booking in less than ‘x’ minutes (to be preset in the SCAD rules), the system will start starting for drivers and do dispatch when the booking is created; the customer will be toward notified about the results. If the booking pickup time is above set threshold ‘x’ minutes before the pickup time, the SCAD will place the booking into a queue and will start the dispatch with ‘x’ minutes before pickup time.
How to do the SCAD setup?
2.Once you’ve accessed the above menu, you can enable automated taxi dispatcher for specific days or time frames as bellow.
3. SCAD can work in silence mode, while assisting your controllers with suggestions only, or taking the full control overbooking and dispatching operations, program the jobs, dispatch to your drivers, inform the controller and the passengers.
4. SCAD can dispatch the jobs using the distance or queue algorithms or other criteria presented below at point 6..
5. The operators will be provided with a full control over the drivers queue length and the Accept time out for the drivers, to confirm the job and the passenger to receive the confirmation notifications along with the drivers details which will pick them up.
6. We understand each organisation has its own rules for dispatching the jobs. That is why our SCAD engine can use more than 100 different criteria & algorithms combinations for generating the drivers queue along with the priorities.
How to create SCAD rules?
From the page press button ADD NEW RULE
Based on predefined rules, for a booking, there can be more qualified drivers matching the criteria. Sort by feature is designed to prioritize the drivers lists..who will receive first the job requests?
Below are listed the possible criteria & checking the engine must perform; they can be used one by one, mixed or all:
– Distance – the nearest driver from the pickup point will have the highest priority in the queue, while the farthest driver will have the lowest priority
– Order number – the highest priority will have the drivers who is waiting in queue for a longer time.
– Seats numbers, check-in luggage, hand luggage – we’re doing a best match between the client preferences, the drivers and their cars.
– Bookings today – a driver which had more jobs in that day will have a lower priority in the list compared with a driver which had less jobs in the same day;
– Total price today – a driver which earned more money in that day will have a lower priority in the list compared with a driver which earned less money in the same day;
– Distance today – a driver which drives more miles that day will have a lower priority in the list compared with a driver which drives less mile in the same day;
– Radius – you decide the best radius within what will be considered the eligible drivers for a pickup job.
7. Do you operate a large fleet with a various range of vehicle types? Then definitely you may not want the SCAD to run for minibus and coach jobs. It’s your choice to decide what type of vehicles to be used by SCAD.
8. Do you decide not dispatching jobs to drivers and vehicles with papers/licenses expired in order to avoid any legal penalties? SCAD engine takes care of this matter – those drivers can be skipped by disable the option Check drivers papers.
9. We’ve been designed a special dashboard for SCAD from where you can monitor the SCAD activity along with the jobs in progress.
If the AD is enabled, any booking with pickup in the near or distant future will be queued by AD and programmed for dispatching within ‘x’ minutes till pickup time.
11. The controller will decide if a job must be ignored and skipped from programming, or manually programmed instead.
In the dedicated SCAD column from Booking list you’ll know for each booking the SCAD status (Q– queue, P – programmed, E -executed).
For the jobs that have been programmed, will be listed how many minutes remained until they will be dispatched (E.g.: in bellow print screen there will be 257 minutes remained from current time till this job will be automatically dispatched to the drivers).
12. For all executed SCAD jobs, the controller can review the history of SCAD decisions.
13. And finally, bellow you can find a generic work-flow with the users (customers & drivers) interaction.
For more details about how does SCAD performing or any other information related to our service, just send an email to office [at] insoftdev.com